EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT CONOCOPHILLIPS We have a job opening for immediate employment.
Senior Corrosion Engineer
• The purpose of Sr. Corrosion Engineer role is to ensure all the COPI production facilities both offshore and onshore will perform perfectly without disruption/down time due to corrosion attacks by setting-up the system management, implementing and coordinating all corrosion prevention, CP monitoring, chemical technology, and material/metallurgy engineering.
• He/She shall provide consultancies to engineering plant operation and maintenance to assure the corrosion rates of all the production facilities are within tolerable/design limits.
Qualification & Experience:
• The job requires a person with an engineering degree (S1) preferably in Chemical/Process, Metallurgy, or Mechanical Engineering with at least ten (10) years experience in corrosion engineering within the petroleum or petrochemical industry. Offshore and onshore experiences are required, as well as environmental (external) and process (internal) corrosion expertise. A strong knowledge of metallurgy, electrochemistry and chemicals application are also required. Basic understanding of HSE theory and application is necessary.
• A good understanding of general operations aspects of the oil & gas industry through field development, engineering, construction, operations and maintenance will be beneficial.
• The role requires good spoken and written English as well as the ability to work in a multinational environment both offshore and onshore.
• In addition to strong technical competency, the job requires leadership, management and communication skills to coordinate cross discipline personnel and liaise with other divisions including.
Structural Integrity Engineer
• The purpose of having Structural Integrity Engineer is to ensure that the technical integrity of structural and civil facilities such as platforms, bridges, towers, stacks, columns, buildings, jetties, roads and air strips are managed properly in accordance with company and industry standards, codes, and regulations. This will include the whole process of assessment, design, analysis, modification, inspection, maintenance, repair and certification of the existing structural and civil facilities and assuring that relevant government regulations, codes and standards are complied.
• Structural Integrity Engineer is also required as technical authority in providing consultancies and interfacing with project, operations and other departments as needed to assure the design, safety and practical operation of the structural and civil facilities.
Qualification & Experience:
• The job requires a person with an engineering degree (S1) in Civil/Structural Engineering and at least seven (7) years experience in design engineering and inspection/maintenance of civil and structural facilities of oil and gas industry both onshore and offshore. A strong knowledge of the theory and application of API RP 2A, AISC, ANSI, ACI, and other relevant codes, standards and regulations are required.
• Strong analytical thinking, fit-on-purpose/practical judgment and risk assessment. Ability to perform quality assurance process, coordinate working team, work with peers, and communicate with others.
• Experience with offshore safety, LRFD, pushover analysis and platform RBI methods are highly beneficial. Familiar with technical standards & best practices for risk assessment. Familiarity with inspection method will be an advantage.
• Experience with using structural analysis software such as SACS, STRUDL, or equivalent.
• In addition to strong technical competency, the job requires leadership, management and communication skills to coordinate cross discipline personnel and liaise with other divisions including infrastructure and new developments.
Write down THE POSITION TITLE you apply in the subject of your email.
Send your application and CV to:
This posting will be closed on 16 May 2008.
Only very short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process